America’s Best Contacts EyeGlasses – Eyeglasses, sunglasses, contact lenses and eye exams?
At National Vision, they believe everyone deserves to see their best to live their best. They help people by making quality eye care and eyewear more affordable and accessible.
There are plenty of choices when it comes to selecting a retailer for your next pair of eyeglasses or contact lenses. So, it’s worth it to look into several companies as you narrow your search.
In this article, we’ll take a look at the products and services offered by America’s Best Contacts and Eyeglasses. We’ll also outline the purchasing process and the company’s reputation.
America’s Best offers a range of glasses and contact lenses. The company claims to offer products at a lower price than most competitors because it purchases in bulk.
As part of its social responsibility, the brand is in partnership with Boys and Girls Clubs of America across the country. It provides education, treatment, and early detection of eye problems by providing Club Kids with free screenings and eye exams.
What is America’s Best Contacts and Eyeglasses?
America’s Best Contacts and Eyeglasses offers their products and services in stores throughout the United States, which is ideal for people who value the in-person shopping experience. You also have the option to buy eyeglasses and contact lenses online.
This optical retailer has more than 700 stores in the United States. They offer eye examinations, eyeglasses, and contact lenses. There’s a wide selection of eyewear for men, women, and children, including discounted designer frames. America’s Best claims to offer prices lower than the competition.
Eyeglasses, sunglasses, contact lenses and eye exams are available at over 500 America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses retail locations nationwide.
Pros and cons of America’s Best Contacts and Eyeglasses
✅ America’s Best pros
- low cost eyeglasses and contact lenses
- free or inexpensive eye exam
- option to shop online or in person
- accepts most insurance plans
⚠️ America’s Best cons
- website incorrectly sorts prices
- hidden costs and lack of cost transparency
- complaints about poor quality products and problems with prescriptions
- involved in lawsuits
America’s Best Eye Glasses Products and services
America’s Best provides various glasses and sunglasses for men, women, and children. These come in varying types, sizes, colors, and materials. Visitors can quickly sift through the options available on the company’s website by using the filters.
America’s Best also offers several types and brands of contact lenses to choose from. Users can opt for daily, biweekly, or monthly disposables. The company also offers toric contact lenses for astigmatism.
Some other services the company offers include:
- Eye exams: America’s Best offers different types of eye exams in its physical stores.
- Contact lens exams: After the exam, customers who are new to contact lenses will receive training with their trial diagnostic lenses. Customers will use their trial lenses for about a week before returning to the store for an evaluation. After this point, they will receive their finalized prescription.
- Visual field tests (VFTs): These exams measure peripheral vision and map out visual blind spots.
- Safety eyewear program: America’s Best also offers prescription safety glasses to companies and their employees, giving them the option of picking from a variety of lenses and frame styles.
America’s Best has the following discounts and plans:
- Mix and match pricing: America’s Best offers deals when a person purchases two pairs of glasses of the same kind. Prices range from $69.95 to $207.95, depending on the frame’s brand and lens type.
- Free eye exams: The company offers these if customers purchase two pairs of glasses.
- Eyecare Club membership: Being a member entitles a customer to two free comprehensive eye exams per year for 3 years and a 10% discount on contact lenses, eyeglasses, and accessories if bought in-store. Learn more about America’s Best Eyecare Club Membership here.
- Protection plan: This plan covers eyeglass breakage and excessive lens scratching for a year. Customers can receive one free replacement. This does not cover lost frames or lenses. This is also applicable to children’s glasses with the company’s KidsGear protection plan.
America Eyeglasses Cost
America’s Best offers eyeglasses at a range of prices and with different bundles.
The cheapest bundle includes two pairs of glasses plus an eye exam for $69.95. The most expensive glasses are designer frames at $199.95. Two pairs of lined plastic bifocal lenses are available at $99.95. Tinted, Verithin, or Verilite lenses cost more. You’ll also pay more for NeverGlare, the company’s antireflective coating.
America’s Best offers a “two for $69.95” special. It includes an eye exam, two pairs of glasses with single vision uncoated plastic lenses, and frames from their $69.95 selection. If you opt for more expensive frames or lenses, the eye exam is still included free of charge.
The company states you can’t combine this offer with your insurance plan, a coupon, or an additional discount offer. It’s also meant for one person.
Contact lenses range in price from $36.99 to $206.99.
For children, the least expensive option includes two pairs of glasses for $69.95. You can also purchase some frames for $79.95 and get a second pair for $48. The most expensive children’s option is one pair of glasses for $129.95 with a second pair for $78.
For in-store purchases, America’s Best accepts many national and regional vision insurance plans and can file insurance claims directly. For online orders, vision insurance isn’t accepted as payment. However, they’ll provide you with a receipt, which you can submit to your insurance company as an out-of-network purchase.
America’s Best also accepts CareCredit and funds from flexible savings accounts (FSAs) and health savings accounts (HSAs).
How to order America Eyeglasses
You can order eyeglasses or contact lenses at an America’s Best store or online. Both options require a current, valid prescription. If you already have a valid prescription, you can use it to purchase eyeglasses or contact lenses online or in a store.
The ordering process
To order at a store, schedule an eye exam or opt for a walk-in appointment. You can select your glasses on the same day. Usually, your glasses will be available for pickup within 7 to 10 business days.
To order eyeglasses online, you can select glasses suited to your face shape. From there, you can choose the color, style, and shape. To make sure your glasses fit properly, you can use a pair of your well-fitting glasses to compare measurements provided on the website.
Contact lens trials
If you’ve never worn contacts before, schedule an eye exam, which will include a training session. The optometrist will provide you with a pair of trial diagnostic lenses. Then you’ll need to return to the store for a contact lens evaluation before receiving your final prescription.